28th Annual Chili Cook-Off
On Saturday, November 8, 2014, the Five Points Association will be hosting the 28th Annual Chili Cook Off in Five Points. Join us for the chance to watch teams battle it out to see who has the best chili in Columbia! All proceeds go to Camp Kemo, including sales from chili, beer and merchandise. The Chili Cook-Off will be from noon to 7pm on Greene and Pavillion Streets in Five Points and is FREE! The chili will be ready at 1pm, so grab your friends and a spoon and start tasting the over 50 unique chili varieties with all the fixins’. Don’t forget the little ones either, we have live music and entertainment for the entire family.
Think you have what it takes to be a chef?
Anyone can sign up to compete in the Chili Cook Off and registration will open soon on this website! Chilis will be tried by a panel of 10 judges and will be categorized by:
- Best Overall Chili (1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Awards)
- Best Vegetarian
- Best Bar/Restaurant (excluded from Best Overall Chili)
- Best Texas Style (no beans)
- Best Non-Traditional (examples – Chicken Chili, Seafood, White Chili, etc.)
- Overall Best Set-up (all Teams are entered)
- Silver Spoon Award – Formerly People’s Choice (awarded to team that collects the most money)
We are excited to announce our music lineup for this year!
5:00 – 6:30 – Yo’ Mama’s Big Fat Booty Band