Five Points to Host Fourth Concert of 19th Season
Wednesday, June 28, 2017
The Five Points Association welcomes the community to the fourth concert of this season’s Five After Five, a free and family friendly outdoor concert series in the heart of Five Points, at the fountain. Throughout the 19th season of this free event, patrons can expect to enjoy five evenings of great local music, brews, food and fun times starting in April, on the first Sunday of each month, through August. Previous seasons have been held on a Thursday evening.
Five After Five Highlights:
• Remaining Dates: July 2, August 6 // 5pm – 9pm
• Local brews, food, arts, and crafts vendors
• Enhanced family friendly entertainment, to include: sidewalk chalk, bubbles, face painting, and more
• NEW FOR 2017! Members of Columbia Opportunity Resource (COR) get one complimentary beer per concert this season
• NEW FOR 2017! Members of Pure Barre get one complimentary beer per concert this season
• NEW THIS MONTH! Five After Five will feature the Lunatic Blonde beer from popular Asheville craft brewery, Wicked Weed
July 2nd Concert Details:
• SondorBlue (opener)
SondorBlue is an alt-rock four-piece band with three lead singers. Their tight, soaring harmonies might remind you of The Beatles or Crosby, Stills and Nash, but the SondorBlue sound is entirely contemporary. John, Connor and Andrew pass around the vocals within their emotional and carefully crafted songs and, when they sing together, a magical fourth voice is created that is uniquely SondorBlue.
• Ashes of Old Ways (headliner)
Ashes of Old Ways is an Americana band, from Folly Beach, SC, with strong pop hooks and three part harmonies. The band first started out as a collaboration between songwriters Dave Britt and Bobby Sutton and has grown to include bassist Jamie Crisp (Big Stoner Creek, Champagne and Friends), drummer Baldwin Bonilla and multi-instrumentalist Bob Culver (Hungry Monks). The band has been touring cities in the southeast (Atlanta, GA, Nashville, TN, Greenville, SC, Columbia, SC and Charleston, SC) for about a year now.
• Bois Obscur (closing DJ)
Bois Obscur hails from Columbia, SC and adds a unique twist to his sets, blending late 90’s and early 2000’s hip-hop/R&B with new club ready beats, as well as new electronic club music. No stranger to the big stage, he has opened for the likes of Skrillex and Charlotte, NC duo Styles&Complete. Unlike typical “house music,” Bois enjoys meandering in and out of tracks quickly to keep the set “alive”, as he puts it.
• Brain Freeze Italian Ice – offering Italian Ice in assorted flavors
• Casey’s Big Dawg BBQ Barkmobile – offering southern barbecue and smoked foods, with assorted sides
• Pita Pit – offering assorted pitas
Craft and Civic Vendors:
• Emerald’s Artistry Face Painting, Orange Theory Fitness, Lilla Rose, 19 Acres Candles, Plum Ties, Cinnamon Creations, Found & Altered, and Uniquely MC
As always, Five After Five is FREE to the public, and patrons of all ages are encouraged to come enjoy the warm weather, music, food, and beverages. Each concert will take place at the Five Points fountain, from 5pm – 9pm. Parking is available on all streets in Five Points and is free all day. Pets are welcome.
Five After Five wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of these companies in the Midlands: KW Beverage, Michelob Ultra, CJ’s, Wolfe & Taylor Co., Orange Theory Fitness, Crescent Construction, Village Idiot Pizza, Yesterday’s, Jake’s, The Bird Dog, Pawleys Front Porch, Pita Pit, Saluda’s, WXRY, and the City of Columbia.